General Overview: The Safety Coordinator supports providing a safe workplace for Igel employees and its subcontractors, as well as achieving and maintaining OSHA and DOT compliance, as well as the safety rules and regulations of the clients with whom Igel works. This person should consistently demonstrate Integrity, Gratitude, Excellence and Leadership.
- Attends project meetings, as well as owner/client kick-off safety meetings
- Perform jobsite safety audits at least weekly and perform any necessary remediation in the initial 48 hours of identification of jobsite hazard
- Manage owner/CM-specific paperwork onsite and ensure compliance with timely submission.
- Represent Igel in the event of an OSHA inspection.
- Attend morning huddles and provide constructive feedback, as well as any incident follow-up for the project
- Attend any onsite safety meetings as required
- Operate the Igel Incident Line, as required
- Perform all safety compliance-related training
- Address safety hazards, as they occur, with onsite crew and make necessary modifications for compliance and safe working practices
- Identify respirator needs and ensure compliance with required medical evaluations and annual fit testing requirements
- Identify opportunities to collect industrial hygiene data and coordinate with third-parties
- Be familiar with and educate employees on the use of Igel safety forms
- Investigate equipment and auto accidents
- Assist in the enrollment of subcontractors to appropriate wrap-up insurance administrators
- Provide initial responder care for all injured workers and subcontractors onsite
- Provide ongoing communication between injured workers and the company in an effort to return them to work safely
- Become and remain DOT- certified to be a drug-test collector for urine drug test specimens
- Drug Testing
- Maintain adequate onsite supplies for field personnel
- Assist with field management onsite for other duties as needed
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain all certifications required for jobsite approval as a site-safety coordinator
- Project-Specific Orientation Assistance
Other duties as assigned.
Any deviation of job responsibilities must be first cleared by the Vice President of Safety.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction
- CHST, CSP or OSHA 500 qualification required at the time of hire.
- Familiarity with OSHA, MSHA, DOT and MUTCD preferred
- Highly organized and accurate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in email, internet and Microsoft suite of products required.
- Must have a motor vehicle record that satisfies the company’s insurance requirements
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug test