With the guidance of the Project Manager directs the efficient operation of crews while operating within the established budget guidelines. Works in cooperation with all EMI tems to ensure quality and customer satisfaction are a top priority. The Site Superintendent is responsible for providing leadership and training necessary for crew leaders to obtain their goals of completing quality work. Communicate and resolve all issues related to assigned projects to ensure all work performed meets company standards.
Directly supervises between 10 to 15 employees depending on the magnitude of the job. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with landscape designers and project managers to understand project requirements and develop detailed installation plans.
- Site Management: Oversee the day-to-day installation activities on landscape sites, including coordination of labor, equipment, and materials.
- Team Supervision: Lead and manage on-site installation teams, ensuring tasks are assigned, and work is performed efficiently and accurately.
- Quality Assurance: Monitor and enforce quality standards in landscape installation, ensuring that work meets design specifications and industry best practices.
- Resource Management: Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials and plants. Manage inventory and control costs.
- Safety Compliance: Implement and enforce safety protocols to create a safe working environment. Conduct regular safety meetings and inspections.
- Client Communication: Maintain regular communication with clients during the installation phase, providing updates on progress and addressing any concerns or changes.
- Problem Solving: Address and resolve issues or challenges that arise during installation, working to find practical solutions and keeping the project on schedule.
- Documentation: Keep accurate and detailed records of project activities, including daily logs, reports, and documentation of any changes or adjustments made during installation.
- Experience - Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in overseeing landscape installation or construction projects, with at least 2 years in a superintendent or leadership role.
- Management of Personnel Resources- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to mentor and guide a diverse workforce effectively.
- Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Construction and Installation - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, regulations, and industry practices.
- Equipment- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Company Vehicle with Trailer (if Driver), Fork Lift/Skid Steer, Chainsaw, Rototiller, Aerator, excavator
- Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operations Analysis- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Operations Monitoring- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Management of Material Resources- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Language Ability- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Spanish bilingual abilities a plus.