OHIO University is seeking qualified applicants for Intermittent Manager - Facilities Maintenance. For more information and to apply, complete the online application process at the website listed below.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, apply by October 12, 2023.
- Facilities Maintenance position exists to provide safe and healthy living and learning environment where members of the campus community can pursue diverse personal and institutional goals and objectives.
- This position shall provide management/supervisory coverage in maintenance areas overseeing the day-to-day operations of designated skilled craft shops during the absence of regular full-time managers and/or during peak work periods when additional supervisory staffing may be required for preparation and/or proctoring of written and/or practical examinations.
- Review work orders, plan, prioritize, assign, schedule and verify the completion of work to
be performed by maintenance personnel and contractors. Coordinates work with internal and
external customers and constituents. Update CMMS records.
- Review, approve, and/or adjust employee payroll by recording hours worked, overtime,
paid time off per university policy and applicable collective bargaining agreement. Ensure
adherence to HR practices and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Procure labor, materials, and equipment per university policy for the completion of work
orders and small projects. Forecast and track related expenses.
- Develop standard operating procedures and implement 5S type projects in various units.
provide training and technical support and serve a proctor for employee examinations.
- Provide safety training and oversight. Identify hazards and take active steps to eliminate them or establish administrative controls consistent with applicable codes and standards.
- Position may oversee as many as fifteen (15) skilled and unskilled workers as well as some student employees.
- This position involves traveling throughout the University and campus and could, on occasion, require bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing. Must be able to spend prolonged periods of time working on an office PC; must be able to work under deadlines. Required to observe conditions of mechanical equipment. Manager may be subject to drug screening and background checks, able to occasionally drive a university vehicle, and sometimes work evening and weekends if needed.
Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of building, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and other related fields. Individual must have documented experience in the fields of construction, facilities, operations, field or utilities.
Facilities Management & Safety is a 24-hour operation for 365 days each year. Position could be required to serve on call in a regular rotation and may be asked to answer and respond to various calls around the clock. University events such as move-in, homecoming, commencement, and planned service outages may require all hands.