- Project estimators are responsible for preparing accurate estimates for projects by gathering & analyzing information from drawings, specifications, addendum, bulletins and other various documentation. Assist on gathering information for submittals is needed and assist CA on entering the estimate. Project estimators act as a member of the preconstruction team and are required to attend weekly sales reviews.
- Prepares construction budgets & estimates by reviewing plans, specifications, & other construction documentation.
- Evaluates challenges that may not be on construction documentation and incorporates those into project budget.
- Manages pricing from all vendors and subcontractors to incorporate those into project budget.
- Establishes and maintains a historical cost database for labor, material, and equipment to ensure accurate and efficient bids.
- Contributes & elaborates with preconstruction team to reach company’s goals.
- Degree in construction technology, business, engineering, or related field is desired, but not required.
- 1-3 years of experience in masonry, masonry restoration or concrete is desired, but not required.
- Ability to produce 800,000 - 1.3 million of masonry estimates per week.
- Experience with construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong familiarity with project estimation software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Ability to create professional proposals and presentations.
- Familiar with Tradesman software.
- Experience with Microsoft project (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to navigate a bid review.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Cares about the community and family.
Benefits - Competitive Benefit Package including:
- 401K match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Leave time and Holidays