Perform commercial installation on a wide range of products, including hinges, operators, door sections, rolling steel, torsion springs, dock equipment, locks, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluate appropriate commercial door and installation requirements for each job.
- Prior to commencement of work (leaving shop), determine if appropriate tools, equipment and materials are available for your use.
- Communicate with Job Superintendent or Project Manager, Building Owner, Maintenance Managers, other trades as needed to ensure all parties know you and understand and support your daily work plan. Document important conversations, dates, times, and names.
- Determine that openings are prepared correctly to accept the new equipment.
- Determine that the areas near the openings are clear and allow for safe working conditions.
- Establish the needs of each job and document the full installation needed.
- Determine if added work needs to be performed and the measures needed to ensure approved installation of product. Alterations, construction modifications and obstructions must be noted before each job is to begin. Documentation of the work to be performed is discussed with the Salesperson and/or Scheduling Supervisor for approval.
- Perform related minor work in framing, build-ins, and adjustments.
- Installation of commercial garage doors using appropriate tools, hardware and equipment.
- Installation of manufactured commercial garage door operators.
- Care and maintenance of equipment and tools provided by employer.
- Maintain appropriate parts and tools inventory in the vehicle to ensure that items are available for installation work.
- Review basic floor plans and door details.
- Perform toolbox/tailgate safety meetings daily.
- Communicate with appropriate individuals within the organization your progress, any reasons for delay, any safety issues or injuries.
- At least one (1) year related installation or construction experience.
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communication skills while interfacing with all levels of staff and customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as basic blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills required. Ability to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read a tape measure and convert nominal measurements.
- A willingness to learn products and processes.
- Must have valid DL with less than 3 points and no DUI violations.
- Basic understanding of wiring diagrams
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- Ability to lift, up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive standing, lifting, reaching, bending, climbing, & kneeling.
- Working on ladders at varying heights.
- Capable of verbal speech. Fluent in the English language.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
In return for your skills and hard work, McKee offers competitive pay with annual reviews, a comprehensive benefits program, (medical, dental, vision), and a 401(K)-retirement program. We also provide excellent training and ample opportunity for advancement.
Other Related Activities:
- Perform general physical activities – Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and handling of materials.
- Operate vehicles or equipment – Run, maneuver, navigate, or drive vehicles such as forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Handling and moving objects – Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating objects.
- Make decisions and solve problems – Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicate with people outside the organization.
- Work directly with the public.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work – Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships – Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with co-workers. Teamwork is a must.